It’s been so long since I wrote
anything on this blog!
With Thanksgiving a few short (too
short, in my opinion) days away, I figured I would jump on the “I’m thankful
for..” train.
With the way the world is lately,
there’s so much to be thankful for in my life. I have a job, that allows me to
pay off the college degree I earned, because I was able to go to college. I can
wake up every morning and go to a job that I know will be there. I am thankful
for my car, while it isn’t in the best condition at the moment, it does get me
where I need to go! Not only that, but it doubles as a moving van, which has
helped a few people move. I am thankful that I am able to help others when they
need it most. It may not be a lot, but I do what I can, when I can. Seeing other
people smile because I made them happy, is something I am grateful I was given
the ability to do.
Without
my family, I would definitely be lost. They have helped me grow into the person
I am today. Giving me the freedom to make my own choices and do what I feel is
right, has been something I have always been proud of. I have never been forced
to make a decision because it wasn’t what they wanted. They have supported any
decision I have had to make, whole heartedly, and that to me, is amazing. Sure,
we argue and fight.. but who doesn’t?! They always make me feel right at home,
regardless of what my day has been like.
I am
thankful for my very small handful of true and honest friends. Without them, I
wouldn’t be who I am today. They love me, regardless of what I’m going through,
and have supported me through a lot. I only hope to some day be able to return
the favor. As the saying goes.. its QUALITY not QUANTITY. I would kill to have
a massive group of friends to get crazy with all the time, but in reality..
that’s not something I was blessed with. And for that, I am thankful. I don’t
know if I could handle it! Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of people I am
friends with, but there are only a select few I consider close. (please don’t
be offended!)
I am also
thankful for those people who are part of my life, in any way, shape, or form.
You guys are a part of my life, and without your wit, charm, and good stories,
my life would probably be boring. So thank you for making my life less boring!
Meeting each and every one of you has helped shape who I am today. So thank
you.
Becoming
the person I want to be would NOT be possible without those who have caused me
pain, struggle, and stress. I have been thrown so many obstacles in my life
(who hasn’t..?! I am not trying to make this a sob story..) that I have learned
how to be a stronger person. Rascal Flatts said it best: “Yeah life throws you
curves, but you learned to swerve.” And I firmly believe that without a few
curve balls, we wouldn’t know how to strike out, get back up, and come back 10x
stronger. Practice takes perfect. Without every heartbreak, broken friendship,
and daily battle, I would not be the strong, confident, beautiful individual I
am.
I am
thankful for the gift of all 5 senses. For the ability to hear: music that
moves me, a child’s laughter, birds chirping. For the ability to see: an old
couple still in love 65 years later, a mother playing with her children, cute
and fuzzy animals. For the ability to touch: a life, to comfort an upset
friend, to feel the warmth of someone hugging me. For the ability to taste:
fine wine, mom’s cooking, new foods. For the ability to speak: my mind, sing my
heart out, comfort those who need it. Without any of these, I would not have
the ability to be who I am.
I am
thankful for the troops, serving our country, giving the ultimate sacrifice.
Without them, this country would not have the luxuries we do. I am thankful for
the ability to vote, to speak my mind and offer my opinion. For the freedom of
speech. For the gift of common sense (some people don’t have this.. hence why I
am thankful I do!)
This thanksgiving, make sure you take
a minute to reflect on what it is you’re truly thankful for. It’s not all about
the food (while it’s good..). It is about being honest and true to yourself,
and thinking about others outside of yourself. J
No comments:
Post a Comment